An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Manager to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Blackfriars, London (to work from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £48,500 pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
The Senior Project Manager will co-ordinate and drive the international expansion Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements ("VMS") brands within Health & Wellbeing division.
This is a key role that will support the brand teams with the successful expansion of several existing US VMS brands into new markets, with specific focus on Asia, EU and LatAm (Brazil).
Previous experience of working in VMS and of working with multiple stakeholders in different countries and functions, including regulatory, R&D, legal, safety, quality and public affairs is essential.
Given the varied legal and regulatory frameworks for VMS, the successful applicant will have a regulatory/R&D background in VMS, or a proven track record of leading and supporting VMS businesses globally. The candidate will need to be familiar with the different product classifications for VMS across food, health supplement and drug, and a detailed knowledge of the relevant product licenses and registration requirements across different markets, specifically Asia and EU.
- Driving detailed business understanding on the different product registration requirements for VMS in key markets, including Asia, EU, LatAm and US. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for:
- regulatory landscape overview; ingredient reviews, claim and label advice per country;
- expertise on registration requirements (including list of supporting documents) and support to product registration (dossier preparation for product notification/ registration), shelf life considerations, labelling (label text preparation, including artwork check) and regulatory roadmap.
- Pro-actively leading the review, impact-assessment and implementation of all applicable regulations and legal requirements (domestic market and exports) operating as a key internal subject matter expert.
- Leading the reviewing and interpretation of new and proposed rules, regulations and enforcement activities impacting the use of ingredients, safety, labelling and advertising, and of new business models which may have significant impact on planned business actions and / or proposals.
- Ensuring relevant regulatory, safety or technical risk assessments are communicated to relevant functional experts to inform strategy on ingredients, formulations, and any advertising, brand promotion and communication.
- Working closely with global regulatory, legal specialists, R&D and business development teams to ensure business objectives are met through strong regulatory strategy and partnership.
- Directing the activities of external regulatory consultants who may be required as subject matter experts on specific key programs or activities.
- Experienced in the field of VMS including cross-functional interactions and project management skills.
- Master's degree in Science (Nutrition, Food Science, Pharmaceutical, Chemistry, Biology or related discipline).
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Proven understanding of the regulatory landscape governing VMS
- Thorough understanding of workflow management, project management, multitasking and managing shifting priorities. Ability to identify process improvement opportunities to achieve improved, more consistent results and shorter development times.
- Knowledge across a wide range of products including manufacturing and technical systems.
- Proven facilitation and project management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally across the world
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- A track record of providing solutions and thinking out of the box
- Strong execution capabilities with ability to handle multiple assignments and manage major projects to successful completion