SENIOR CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER - BLYTH - EXCELLENT REMUNERATION PACKAGES
Manpower are working in partnership with a UK leader in Offshore Renewable Energy to find their next Senior Control Systems Development Engineer to be based within their Test & Validation directorate reporting to the Control System Engineering Manager.
Our clients Test & Validation site, based in Blyth, offers the most comprehensive open access and independent test and research facilities anywhere in the world to enable the scale-up of offshore renewable energy technologies.
The Senior Control Systems Development Engineer will undertake comprehensive hands-on familiarisation training of the existing system and protocols and so becoming proficient in maintaining the current system but able to identify and make recommendations of continuous improvements.
As part of the business development strategy and growth aspirations it is envisaged that the Senior Control Systems Development Engineer will take an active role to identify, recommend and take a leading role in implementing the delivery plan which addresses the future business obsolesce issues and necessary upgrading of the PLC/SCADA control systems within the existing or new facilities.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications, experience, skills and attributes
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant discipline
- Sound knowledge of electrical/mechanical generating plant and apparatus
- Knowledge of and the application of good practice engineering design procedures and tools
A proven track record in the following areas is essential
- Advanced knowledge of Functional Safety Systems and Risk Management frameworks, IEC 61508, 61511, 62061, etc.
- Experience of working in ISO45001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 17025 environments
- Good understanding of H&S legislation
- Awareness of occupational Health & Safety issues & Good understanding of H&S legislation
- Familiarity with advanced specialist engineering software in an inter-disciplinary project setting.
- Motivated and strong team player - working individually, and across project teams
Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas is desirable:
- PLC systems - Alan Bradley, Siemens (Ladder Logic) etc and PAC system - Bachmann etc (Foundation Block and/or Structured Text) would be an advantage but not essential.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent is desirable but willing to working towards professional status would be an advantage.
In return for the Senior Control Systems Development Engineer role, an excellent remuneration package is offered which includes an attractive basic salary, pension, bonus, and subsidised health care saving scheme as listed below.
- Salary based upon 37.5 hour working week although hours to be worked to fulfil requirements of the role.
- Additional annual discretionary Company Bonus based on performance (up to 10% of salary)
- 28 days annual leave plus 10 public holidays per annum (Flexibility offered around when Bank Holidays can be
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice - Double Match Pension Scheme (3% + 6% / 4% + 8% / 5% + 10%)
- Life Assurance (4x Salary),
- Cycle to Work (up to £2,500)
To take the first step in securing this fantastic position apply today…..