Our client is a leading provider of HGV driver training in the UK who pride themselves on providing quality, cost effective and transparent solutions to their customers. Since their beginnings almost 10 years ago they have delivered over 10,000 courses which equates to around 20% of all HGV courses delivered in the UK in that time. The business is split between training solutions and fully managed driver solutions for corporate clients which include some of the largest logistics companies in the UK.
They seek a proactive, confident, and dynamic Business Development Executive to join the team in expanding their corporate client base from their office in Camden Town. You will be responsible for identifying prospective clients, researching contact details using platforms such as LinkedIn with the view to arrange meetings utilising outbound calls, emails, and social media contact. Essentially, they are seeking a tenacious individual who has a real hunger to earn, learn and drive the business forward whilst being able to develop professionally and personally. Confidence in putting yourself out there to establish relationships with new clients is essential for success in this role - b2b sales experience is certainly hugely advantageous however the client is open minded to candidates from varied backgrounds so don't worry, if you're a true sales superstar but don't know a Class 1 license from a Class 2 full training will be provided to get you up to speed.
The successful candidate will be money-hungry, target driven and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A self-motivated attitude, organisation, and the ability to work to deadlines are also paramount to success in this role.
The main duties will include but won't be limited to:
- Creating target prospects lists, researching the relevant contacts within those businesses and penetrating key accounts.
- Initiating contact with potential customers through cold-calling, email, LinkedIn, etc.
- Creating relationships with customers to identify their potential needs and qualify their interests.
- Presenting product information to customers once you have identified their needs.
- Moving prospects through the lead pipeline and setting appointments for the Head of Business Development when a lead reaches a qualified stage.
- Ensuring successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application.
- Collaborating with the wider corporate sales team to ensure the company's goals and targets are met.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and zestful phone presence.
- Experience in logistics or driver training would be advantageous but not essential
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic.
- Good time management and analytical skills.
- Meticulous organisation skills.
- Adept computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred but not essential
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding business as it goes from strength to strength despite the pandemic. This will reward you with an enjoyable, varied working day with huge progression opportunities. The company hope the successful candidate would remain with the business long term and can offer clear routes to progression into senior sales or potentially management positions. You'll be rewarded with a salary of up to 25K depending on experience with an achievable bonus structure to really increase your take home pay, based on the appointments you generate as well as a set % of first year profit on clients you bring on.
This is an opportunity not to be missed by any sales professional looking to develop their career with a company who have continued to expand and are offering clear routes to progression. If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this role, we would love to hear from you today!