As the world's premier measurement company, my Client is renowned for developing state-of-the-art technology and exceptional products. The brand-new, state of the art site in Oxford at the Harwell Science Campus hosts the company's Raman and IR Spectroscopy group with a strong focus on Pharma and BioPharma. To drive and further develop their FTIR product I am looking for an Application Scientist to join the Global marketing team in Molecular Spectroscopy.
What does your day look like? The successful candidate will be working with a team focusing on developing a total solution to add value in pharmaceutical cleaning verification using FTIR. You will work with pharmaceutical manufacturing customers, introducing cutting edge technologies with an intent to define future opportunities. You will be reporting to the Head of Pharmaceutical Business for Molecular Spectroscopy, and you will also be expected to travel on occasion - you must have a driving license.
In summary I am looking for an experienced, self-driven professional with IR or Raman experience to work with pharmaceutical customers to improve their manufacturing workflow.
This is offered on a 12-month minimum contract & the salary/rate offered is negotiable between £40k & £44k, paid weekly via Manpower.
What's in your work DNA?
- Extensive proven experience as an Application scientist, preferably with a relevant degree/qualification.
- Experience with IR(Infrared) or Raman spectroscopy instruments is a must; who has developed, or tested instruments based on IR or Raman technology
- Clear writing skills to be able to communicate scientific ideas succinctly: who has developed app notes, SOP and experience of writing reports, etc.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical cleaning validation and verification is desirable but not essential
- Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail; ability to step back and analyse the overall business impact
Responsibilities includes but not limited:
- Work with a project team to introduce a new way of instantly determining cleaning verification with IR surface analysis for pharmaceutical manufacturing using an existing Agilent instrument
- Work with key pharmaceutical opinion leaders in developing applications workflows, and knowledge of best practice for this new way of working
- Support commercial team with sales & marketing material for existing solution in current cleaning verification market
- Work with a project team to determine customer requirements, barriers to entry, route to wider market, etc. and business case for next generation instrument to identify opportunities of further improvements and solutions
Does this sound like the challenge you have been looking for? Then I look forward to receiving your application