An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer II based on their customer site in Bracknell, this is a Full-time, permanent role to start ASAP. Covering shift 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday, the role is paying up to £26,000 per annum
OUTLINE OF JOB
We are looking for a team orientated, highly customer focused and keen Deskside Support Engineer to support a leading client providing a best-in-class second level support experience within the environments of a Virtual Walk In Centre, Physical Walk in Centre and the users deskside.
You should possess a rare combination of interpersonal and communication skills as well as an aptitude for working with applications, systems and hardware to drive and find first time fix and first time right resolutions to end user problems ranging from the straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
Position is predominantly site based with support to a satellite site.
Provide second-level support in a face to face and virtual environment on issues and requests including, but not limited to
- ServiceNow ticket management.
- Microsoft Windows operating system - all related issues.
- Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus/2019 - all related issues.
- Software related issues (Standard & Non-Standard).
- SLA focused, with proactive support in the form of knowledgebase articles and user training.
- AD Management.
- PXE boot staging process.
- H P Desktop & Laptop hardware scopes.
- RAM upgrade
- Keyboard exchange
- SSD HD replacement
- SCCM SW deployment issues (front end).
- Hand and eyes experiences for MFP, Standalone, Networked Printers & Scanners.
- Smartphones & Portable Devices experiences for SIM configuration, how-to questions, Hand on eyes software issues (IOS, Android, and Windows).
- Standard and nonstandard HW Devices (peripherals like monitors, label printers, etc.)
- How-to assistance of showroom Devices or End User assigned IT Equipment.
- Meeting room management (Video and Audio Equipment).
- Servers under Local Support.
- Network cabling and port patching, Wi-Fi network, replacement of router, HUBS of Switches (local task).
- Smart Hands and Eyes for other support teams.
- MPS Toner replacement.
- Document and Asset management.
- Stock management.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Excellent interpersonal communication skills, positive and engaging manner, and a high degree of customer service aptitude.
Support experience in either a Walk in Centre or Virtual Walk in Centre environments, or direct end user desk side support.
Excellent organizational skills.
Previous experience in an IT support organization.
Strong understanding of ITIL incident management, including upholding SLAs and communication to end users.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft and OS X based operating systems, as well as computer imaging and onsite and warranty for end user equipment.
Experience with researching complex issues with end user software and hardware.
Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service.
Demonstrates clear desire to be a role model in customer service and execution of IT support.
UK driving licence or ability to travel to a satellite location.