Class 1 Tanker Driver
£40,166.88 per annum
Wincanton are recruiting for experienced LGV Class 1 Tanker Drivers to join our EnergyLink team at London Gateway.
* £40,166.88 per annum
* 5 days per week, Monday to Friday or any 4 days per week out of 5, across Monday to Friday
* Shifts available between 04:00 - 18:00
* 10 - 12 hour shifts
* ADR Class 3 flammables in tanks essential
* Forecourt & commercial fuel experience essential
* Overtime at £16.09 per hour (after 12 hours per day)
* Bank Holiday Rate - double time + a day off in lieu or triple time (except Good Friday)
* Monthly pay
* Permanent 48 hour a week contract
* Essential DCPC training
* 22 days (working 4 days per week) & 25 days (working 5 days per week) - Paid holiday entitlement
* Access to company pension scheme
* RAC discount
* High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
Main duties of the role will be filling up at the fuel terminal then delivering to various customer fuel depots as far as Brighton or Oxford, up to 2-3 drops per day.
* To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc.
* To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork
* To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures
* To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures
* To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner
* To ensure that all training (especially related to Health and Safety) is adhered to at all times
* To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock
* To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function
* To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices
* Ensure you are the driving force behind delivering exceptional customer service
* Carrying out deliveries for our contract, whilst following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19.
Experience & Qualifications:
* MUST hold a valid LGV Class 1 licence
* MUST have minimum 2 years Class 1 driving experience
* MUST have a valid ADR Class 2 flammables in tanks
* MUST have forecourt and commercial fuel experience
* MUST not have more than 6 points on your licence
* MUST hold a valid Driver CPC licence
* MUST hold a valid digital tachograph card
* You will need to be enthusiastic, reliable, helpful and organised
* Flexibility and the will to learn new skills and to undertake new challenges
* You will have a proactive and committed approach towards all aspects of the job and ensure high standards in health and safety, customer service and legal compliance are met and exceeded
* Able to navigate your way around the UK and plan your day accordingly
* Manual handling will be required when lifting and connecting the delivery hose
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton Driver of the Year
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.