Manpower are recruiting for a Workforce Co-Ordinator to work for our valued client.
You will work within a highly skilled and dynamic team who are responsible for the clinical and non-clinical rotas within the group. The role has a large focus on customer relations management and the post holder will need to be personable and capable of building and maintaining strong working relationships, liaising with staff of all levels and in various professions.
You will be resourceful and resilient in nature, working to tight deadlines whilst using your problem solving skills enabling the client to deliver a high quality service.
Previous experience in a scheduling/rota team environment and/or experience in outbound calling is desirable but not essential.
- To provide support to staff and clinicians, ensuring a consistent approach to all processes and protocols in place.
- To liaise with staff and clinicians to fill vacant shifts.
- Ensure that all systems are maintained to enable appropriate information reaches the Finance Team for payroll purposes.
- Proactively manage team e-mails.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by a manager.
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy - educated to a minimum of GCSE standard
- Experience of working in a customer-facing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed listening skills
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously without supervision
- Ability to prioritise work to achieve deadlines
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude to work demands
- Flexible and adaptable team player in order to support the team in ensuring rota team cover is maintained
- Ability to multi-task
- Resilient attitude
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new skills
- Adaptable to change
This is a temporary role for 3 months, the working hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am - 5 pm. The hourly rate for this role is £10.50.
Please apply with an up to date CV by Thursday 15 April 2021.