Manpower are thrilled to be working with a truly unique Freight Forwarder based in Lichfield who are looking for a new Business Development Manager to join their team.
Basic salary negotiable up to £35k
Member of an Employee Ownership Trust & an Annual Bonus.
Company Pension - Enhanced
Training & Development Opportunities
Based in Lichfield (WS14 9DT) although relocating to Burntwood (WS7) towards the end of 2021.
- To generate new sales, linked directly to the business plan. Focus and drive to achieve targets.
- Respond to incoming enquiries from our website, via LI, telephone and email.
- Source your own business leads and act on those provided by Sales and Operations Colleagues as well as using other tools given.
- To identify sales opportunities. Profiling all new business to understand intricately how you can support with freight / customs.
- Effectively present key features of our services to secure new business. Describe the product / service benefits and any special offers or promotions.
- Gather and document information about the customer using CRM. Enter your notes into the database, schedule dates for follow up, visits etc. Ensure all client details are fully completed including marketing information.
- Take orders and arrange for relevant Freight Account Manager to make contact. Take decisions as appropriate.
- Work flexibly, mainly in the office, (at home during the pandemic) and external client visits within the UK where appropriate.
- Focus on results and willingly tackle problems or conflicts which threaten their achievement.
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives.
- Ambitious and motivated to work towards a target.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong IT and admin skills.
- Good overall knowledge of European / UK / Global freight industry.
- Good with people, humorous, charismatic, professional, ability to develop relationships quickly.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good drive and energy - self-motivated.
- 2 - 5 years' experience in selling freight or customs.
- Experience of sales and market development.
- Close liaison and working with team colleagues to achieve end goals.
- Generating rates for regular / spot quotes, follow-up calls.
- Customer service.
- Client dispute resolution.