Maintenance Technician PLC programming controls
Maintenance Technician role to cover off all areas of preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance & repair work in a GMP manufacturing facility within the Grifols business in its Dublin headquarters in Grange castle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing planned preventative, predictive & corrective maintenance within the Grifols worldwide operations facility.
Responsible for the preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of packaging lines, process filling lines, black & clean utilities & plant equipment.To maintain a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and GMP during maintenance work, including maintaining the workshops and spare part storage areas in an organised and tidy condition at all time.To participate in all training and assessment activities related to the position e.g GMP training, equipment technical training, Health & Safety requirements and undertake additional tasks as assigned by the maintenance manager or maintenance supervisor.Continuous improvement of production processes equipment, by identifying and implementing improvement projects that will improve the operating effectiveness of equipment.Experience and knowledge of plant maintenance and calibration systems. Including software management systems. SAP PMTo be familiar with all relevant SOP's equipment validation and controls for the operation and safe running of equipment.To assist with training of machine operators on machine set up, operations fault correction and adjustment.Respond to out of hours calls and emergencies.Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.Experience in high volume automation/ robotics required.Responsible for the day to day updating of SAP with the relevant work orders and the correction information relating to preventative, corrective and reactive maintenance tasks.Experience in PLC programming for Siemens, Omron, Allen & BradleyExperience in making adjustments to PLC programs for making fine adjustments based on recommended improvements.Performing associated risk assessments and change controls for all improvement projectsClear understanding of vision systems, Cognex, Systec is advantageous.Experience in manufacturing plant equipment & process equipment (HVAC, process equipment,).
- Senior trades qualification and at least 7 years post qualification experience.
- Senior trades in mechanical or electrical trade.
- Experience of hands-on of mechanical and electrical maintenance and troubleshooting of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing equipment, high volume packaging lines & plant equipment
- Pharmaceutical and or food experience desirable.
- Must possess superior written and verbal skills excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask.
- Experience in Pneumatics, electronics, hydraulics, Programmable controllers, servo drives and specifically vision systems
- Experience in a GMP environment.
- HVAC experience
- Clean utilities
- Clean process equipment
- SAP PM experience an advantage
- Experience in PLC Siemens, Omron, Allen & Bradley
- Qualification in Automation controls (desirable)