An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Walls, Persil, Magnum and Knorr) as a Logistics Transformation Manager to be based in Port Sunlight, Wirral however working from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. If preferred, the role could also be based from the sites in either Leeds or Leatherhead too. This is a full-time temporary role for 18 months, paying up to £60,000 pro rata, per annum depending on experience.
We are currently in an exciting period for logistics with the opportunity to transform our operations to ensure we are ready and future fit to service changing customer needs. This includes optimising our network using latest automation and sustainability considerations and exploring the scope for servicing new channels. The scope of this role will be cross category and will include all UKI logistics operations. Outputs of decisions will be high profile and impactful so a proven track record of successful stakeholder alignment and project delivery is essential.
The role will ensure a significant development opportunity for the candidates who would like to have an End to End (E2E) Supply Chain (SC) and Project Management (PMO) experience at the same time.
- Key PMO support for the Logistics Director and Logistics Team, representing all of the major transformation activities across the UK network. PMO responsibility can be further described as:
- As Project Receiver, to be the single point of contact for the transformation teams and represent design inputs E2E for the UKI SC (planning, customer service, logistics inputs, risk assessments, milestone and transition plan creation, budget estimation, governance set-up, operational organization set-up). These will be checked and validated via design reviews during feasibility periods of the projects with the aim to confirm future design which is then handed over for later execution.
- Lead the coordination of the new network development projects during the capability period with the input and support of cross functional delivery teams (engineering, IT, procurement, 3Ps, contractors etc.)
- Creation, execution and communication of go live plans to ensure business continuity and service first delivery
- Responsibility from delivery of the original business case to On Time in Full execution
- Lead stakeholder management and governance with EU central transformation programme lead and EU Logistics Engineering Team
- Awareness and communication of external and internal influences, risks and opportunities relating to the transformation work
- Lead for the implementation and associated project activities relating to the long term strategy for network design
- Work with Sales and Customer Service to take responsibility for reviewing the opportunities for new channel development
- Essential for the candidate to have a background in supply chain (preferably in FMCG) and be able to demonstrate that they have a working knowledge of E2E processes with planning and CS understanding.
- The candidate must demonstrate successful delivery of Project Management, preferably including an asset or supply chain transformation project (engineering, factory, DC) which includes management of variety of stakeholders and continuous improvement
- Candidate needs to be a self-starter who is able to work independently whilst also keeping the wider stakeholders engaged
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Good organisational awareness and ability to build collaborative networks across the business
- High level of curiosity to embrace continuous improvement using latest technologies and resources
- Must understand warehouse management system (WMS) interfaces, SAP and be able to sue Power BI and reporting suites. Must be data literate and comfortable with analysis.