Manpower are please to be working with a company who have been established for over 30 years and offer strategic knowledge, project management and delivery solutions to their business partners to help them grow their infrastructure footprints across Telecoms, Utilities, Highways and Civil Engineering Sectors.
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager in the Longstanton area,
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for the assistance of the management and coordination of planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management including P&L, quality control, safety and overall delivery of their allocated project(s).
The role is focused on ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
The Assistant Project Manager will play a major role helping deliver the project scope in accordance with commercial requirements and client needs ensuring delivery is on time, of high quality and in line with commercial expectations. They will ensure all work under the project is carried out to a high standard whilst observing all relevant safety, environmental and management procedures.
The ideal person will posses the following key skills
- Project management experience with strong team leadership skills
- Good commercial acumen with an understanding of delivering client satisfaction whilst maximising business value
- Self-motivated and able to operate autonomously
- Highly methodical and conscientious, meticulous at planning and breaking down a plan into day to day, step by step tasks with clearly identified critical points for delivery
- Numerate and able to deal with spreadsheets, data and used to managing budgets
- Excellent relationship building skills. Able to use knowledge to instil confidence in internal and external parties
- Confident people manager and able to assert authority when required. Good at dealing with a variety of people and personalities
- Strong written and oral communication skills, able to work with a wide range of systems and experienced with writing and analysing reports
- Delivery focused, resilient to the end
- Lateral thinker with the ability to provide solutions to complex problems
Ideally you will be
- Degree educated in an engineering discipline - advantageous
- APM - advantageous
- MSP - advantageous
Hours: 48 per week
Salary: £ 34,927 - £ 48,677 Per Annum, depending on experience.
Holiday: 25 days
If you are ready for your next challenge the click apply today, alternatively send your CV or call Paul on 07515 325444 for an informal chat