My client is a growing Civil, Structural and Geo technical Consulting Company with extensive experience in the core areas of structural engineering & geo technical services. For 30 years the Company have enjoyed steady growth with works carried out throughout the UK boasts a strong and growing team of Chartered Engineers, Engineers and technicians of varying levels, all supported by an extended Team of support staff. We now have an exciting opportunity to introduce an Engineer / Senior Structural Engineer.
What will your new role look like as The Engineer / Senior Engineer ?
As an Engineer / Senior Engineer, you'll join the close-knit team of 7 based within the welcoming and relaxed Warrington office, working with other Technicians and Engineers across a wide variety of schemes within the rail, bridges, temporary works, nuclear and building sectors.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Working within a team of Engineers and Technicians, including mentoring junior members
- Designing civil & structural schemes and checking designs prepared by others, including producing detailed calculations by hand and through computer models.
- Carrying out inspections, site surveys and assessments of structures and preparing reports
- Taking ownership of own projects across civils, bridges, rail and temporary works
- Preparing and managing project programmes, workload and resources
- Liaising with clients to verify project scope and ensure deliverables
What is on offer as an Engineer / Senior Engineer?
You will receive a salary in the region of £25,000 to £40,000 level dependent on experience and qualifications, plus a range of attractive benefits (to be discussed on application)
This is a permanent role with flexibility on start and finish times to fit in with your lifestyles & work life balance - core working hours are Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm.
What will I need to be considered for this Senior Engineer vacancy?
- Relevant Civil or Structural Engineering degree
- Working towards Chartership, or Chartered (ICE or IStructE)
- Strong technical knowledge within assessment and design including inspections, calculations and analysis of existing structures and new-build design development
- Project management experience; preferably within rail or temporary works, with drive and a proven record to meeting targets
- Experience within the UK industry; preferably with rail procedures, Eurocode and Highway standards
- Client focused approach with effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Full UK driving licence and own transport
- Eligible to live and work in the UK and high standard of written English
Does this sound like the challenge you have been looking for?
Then I look forward to receiving your CV in application.