My client is a growing Civil, Structural and Geo technical Consulting Company with extensive experience in the core areas of structural engineering & geo technical services. For 30 years the Company have enjoyed steady growth with works carried out throughout the UK & boasts a strong and growing team of Chartered Engineers, Engineers and technicians of varying levels, all supported by an extended Team of support staff. We now have an exciting opportunity to introduce a Senior CAD Technician to the Team. As Senior CAD Technician with working knowledge of Microstation, to join a highly successful, reputable, and growing organisation where your commitment and achievements will be appreciated and rewarded.
What will your day look like as Senior CAD Technician?
As the Senior CAD Technician, you'll join the close-knit team of 7 based within the welcoming and relaxed Warrington office, working with other Technicians and Engineers across a wide variety of schemes within the rail, nuclear and building sectors.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Drawing and detailing of civil and structural schemes with Microstation 3D and AutoCAD
- Liaising with the team to ensure drawings are representative of the Engineer's designs
- Drawing reviews and checking of schemes prepared by others in the team
- Mentoring Junior Technicians
- Managing projects
What's on offer ?
As a Senior Technician, you will receive a salary in the region of £25,000 to £40,000 level dependent on experience and qualifications, plus a range of attractive benefits (to be discussed on application):
This is a permanent role with flexibility on start and finish times to fit in with your lifestyles & work life balance - core working hours are Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm.
What will you need to be considered for this Senior CAD Technician (Microstation) vacancy?
- Proven experience as a CAD Technician working with 3D Microstation / Aecosim, ideally with HNC in Construction and the Built Environment (or similar)
- Strong working knowledge of Projectwise
- Working knowledge of UK industry standards and processes
- Eligibility to work in the UK and a high standard of written English
- Full UK driving licence and own transport, due to the rural location of the Warrington office
Additionally - it is desirable to have:
- Knowledge of the civil, structural, rail, bridge and temporary works sectors
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of BIM Level 2
- Experience of producing GAs from 3D topographical surveys and steel and reinforced concrete detailing
If this sounds like your next challenge, then I look forward to receiving your CV in application for the role.