£20,000 - £25,000
My client is recruiting for a Materials Buyer within the construction industry to join their team at an exciting time as they are rapidly expanding.
- Negotiate and purchase materials with key suppliers within a multi-site environment
- Produce cost analysis and ensure costing forecasts are adhered
- Raise purchasing orders
- Monitor/reduce suppliers costs by liaising and reviewing new suppliers
- Procurement lead on construction projects
- Scheduling materials, raising orders, cost analysis to expediting delivery
- Working to tight deadlines with quick turnarounds
Qualifications / Experience
You will possess relevant experience and a proven track record preferably within the construction sector and be able to show experience and knowledge of tendering and contracting policies to achieve best value.
- The role requires a confident, strong and experienced Buyer with proven negotiation skills
- You will have the ability to be proactive in a fast paced business environment.
- A real team player
- Attention to detail and communication skills will be vital in dealing with multiple site contractors to provide a first class supply chain environment.
Kim Ford at Manpower UK is managing this vacancy