£28,000 - £30,000
My client is an established manufacturing company with over 100 years in trading, who after recent growth plans are looking to recruit a Senior Buyer.
This is an exciting time to join for someone who wants to progress within their career as the company are in the process of developing a completely new structure within their procurement team, so ideally you will have plenty of ideas to share and can contribute to implementing new processes.
- Develop and maintain the procurement strategy, working individually to begin with as a Senior Buyer with scope to grow the procurement team
- Improve efficiency, control costs and monitor performance
- Working closely with Sales, Manufacturing, Operations and Logistics to understand business requirements and continue supply chain
- Ensuring projects and stock control levels are met on time and in budget
- Managing stock within the main Warehouse, ensuring it is up to date and correct at all times
- Responsible for authorising stock movements between the 4 sites within the group
- Managing the overseas supply chain process: ensuring lead times are met with freight forwarders/movement of containers
- Maintaining a keen eye for new suppliers which offer better cost savings/lead times
- Developing relationships and handling negotiations with suppliers in the Far East and India.
- Working directly with stakeholders to develop a robust supply chain and implement the overall Supply Chain strategy for the business including creating and managing budgets.
- You will have a proven background in procurement and supply chain management preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Ideally have experience sourcing materials and finished product from the Far East or India
- Must have a thorough understanding of the import process working closely with freight forwarders to ensure product arrives OTIF
- You will posses exceptional communication & negotiation skills with experience in sourcing products from all over the world
- Able to carry out data analysis to identify issues and/or opportunities for improvements, as well as identifying new sources of supply for the business to deliver cost savings.
This vacancy is being managed by Kim Ford at Manpower UK