POMS Delivery Driver
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex, GB, HA4 0QH
Salary range is indicative and automatically generated by LinkedIn from estimated data
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a POMS Delivery Driver.
Babcock is one of the largest providers of support services to the emergency services sector. We manage vehicles, equipment and facilities on behalf of the London Fire Brigade, Metropolitan Police Service, New Dimension, Highways Agency and Associated British Ports, managing vehicles, equipment, facilities and training. We deliver value for money solutions via a proven approach that enables us to optimise assets and increase availability, while providing a complete and resilient service.
You'll be responsible for delivering equipment to the London Fire Brigade.
The role will include movement of all types of operational equipment to and from various locations within the LFB operating centres at approximately 110 locations & all LFB related Babcock Sites.
- Carry out any associated duties, as required by the Company (e.g. washing and cleaning of vehicles, yard parking organisation etc.)
- Attend and participate in any training courses as deemed necessary
- To support the LFB contract at all times including during any disruption to their service
- To carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need knowledge of London area, a clean driving licence, experience of driving a van and multi drop experience.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 24/06/2021