Our Client supply quality plant machinery solutions for the waste management, recycling & forestry sectors & are currently looking for a Field Based, Skilled Plant Mechanic - as this is a field-based role and you will be expected to travel around the North West, a van is provided & all associated costs covered.
You will be joining an existing team of mechanics, carrying out diagnostics, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of heavy plant machinery. (Shredders & Screeners).
Working 07:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday (1 in 4 Saturdays) you will be required to attend scheduled & reactive visits on site where plant machinery is being used & fault finding & diagnosis is critical, so should be used to working under pressure & prioritising tasks. As you become more established in the role, additional training will be offered & encouraged in order to become a specialist in the industry & maintaining their brand as a leader in the field
Daily expectations within the role:
- Initial diagnostics of technical problems on heavy plant machinery.
- Maintenance and repair on a range of machinery.
- Continuous promotion of best health and safety practice.
- Field based work.
Skills & experience needed to be successful in your application:
- Previous experience working with heavy plant machinery.
- Mechanical engineering background.
- Electrical/hydraulic experience.
- Ideally welding/fabrication abilities.
- UK Driving License.
Does this sound like something you have been looking for?
Then I look forward to receiving your CV in application & arranging a time to discuss before submission to the Client.