An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer II based on their customer site in West London (Greenford) This is a full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week to start ASAP. The role is paying £26,500 plus outer London allowance
Great opportunity to be part of a Service Delivery Team providing IT support services to a major retail organisation.
Would suit someone who wants to get into IT and develop their desktop support skills and further their IT knowledge.
You will be working as part of a team of 2 Deskside Engineers, based at the customer site
Responsible for onsite technical services based at the customer's head office in West London providing deskside support services including hardware & software break fix and IMAC services; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals using available technology. Analyses system's needs, troubleshoots problems. Provides user support, new hire system set ups and desktop/laptop software evaluations. Deployment of updates/rollouts. 80% software support with some knowledge of desktop hardware, OS, servers, and data bases. Provide quick response and maximum uptime of users. Understands customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions. Develops project installation and escalation plans. Train users according to technical, release and security standards. Good communication skills, able to articulate technical solutions using basic explanations. Should continuously utilize on site customer visits and contacts to identify and report new business opportunities (hardware and services) for the benefit of overall business growth.
- Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis, and fix.
- Case management of Incidents and IMAC's in line with SLA's
- Acknowledge and respond to emails from Team Leads and Manager
- Liaising with other teams or vendors to resolution
- Risk awareness of technology and business impact
- Manage / Provide support and technical expertise to projects as directed
- Proactively keeps customer updated with problem status at all times
- Identifying and reporting risk as appropriate in accordance with the guidelines
- Manage incident tickets using Solution Manager
- Support Remote / Home users
- Manage and support VC equipment
- Provide 1st /2nd line hardware and software support for laptops
- Provide iPhone support
- Provide printer support
- Management of RSA tokens
- Updating Hardware Asset records
- Configure iPhone using MDM management software
- Provide induction to new starters
- IMAC management - working collaboratively with Facilities to meet schedules
- Deploying and configuring laptops and migrating user data
- Document all triage and knowledgebase information, including new and changed services, procedural changes, etc. as appropriate.
- PC/Desktop Support knowledge including Windows OS & Windows Office Suites and core application suites.
- Administering Windows Share\File permissions.
- Mobile connectivity (E.g. secureID/MAS/MDM)
- Good knowledge of Workstation, Desktops & H P Laptops
- Honest, dependable, Reliable & Punctual.
- Accepts and handles responsibility.
- Cooperates with supervisors.
- Willing to learn new skills.
- Must be a team player
- Speaks and listens effectively.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Solves personal and professional problems.
- Excellent Communication and People skills.
- Friendly phone manner.
- Must be well organised.
- Must be able to deal productively with a high workload.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- A flexible approach and work alongside the various operational teams.
- Pro-Active approach to work
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE/MCSA/MCP's)