Manpower UK are working on behalf of our reputable agriculturural client for a Depot (Office) Supervisor to oversee a team of 10 from their site in Pocklington with both office and warehouse staff.
The role is predominantly a stand-alone role, during peak seasons additional staff resources can be employed to assist with the demands of the business; these staff will report directly to you. This role will be critical in ensuring the processes and procedures are maintained within the site, ensuring compliance and best practice are implemented whilst giving an outstanding service to our clients customers and suppliers.
As the Depot Supervisor will be responsible for:-
* Controlling stock investment and availability
* Working in line with company procedures to provide a great level of service for our customers
* Ensure supplies are distributed promptly and efficiently within the requirements of Finance, BASIS, poison regulations etc
* Ensure the security of company cash, stock and property
* Maintenance of internal and external standards for compliance including but not limited to BASIS, Water and Fire Regulations, Health and Safety Executive, and Ministry of Transport inspections, Working Time Regulations
* Undertake duties of the safety officer in respect of employee and public in the depot area
* When applicable be responsible for the employee lifecycle for all depot members; Recruitment, induction, training, performance, check ins, appraisals, and any employee issues which may arise, using a coaching and mentoring style
* You will also be responsible for ensuring all compliance and safety measures are in place for contractors on site
* Organise and manage the workload of the depot and the team members when applicable
* Responsible for the communication channels within the depot
* Build strong and long- lasting relationships with key stakeholders across our internal and external businesses
* Maintenance of all company property and premises and ensure high standard of housekeeping within the depot
* Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to work in any area of the depot
This role will be based in Pocklington but there will be a requirement to travel to attend training/meetings when they take place, or work at other depot's as the business requires. General working hours in the summer can be from 7am - 5pm but are less in the winter months due to demand. Candidates should be willing and flexible as and when the business requires.
It is essential that the successful candidate has experience of working proactively alone, with the ability to motivate themselves, as well as working with the wider business. People management experience is also essential along with inhouse IT systems.
Due to location - Driving Licence and own car is essential.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please forward your CV in the first instance.