Fixed Term Contract - Maternity Cover for 41 weeks
Babcock LDP is part of Babcock Education, providing integrated education improvement and specialist intervention services. We work with academies, schools and settings, Devon County Council, other Local Authorities and with a range of regional and national bodies. Babcock LDP provides a single integrated service, which enables us to understand more fully the needs of customers and to deliver the best services to meet those needs in a coherent way. Our mission is to improve the life chances of all children and young people.
Babcock Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
About the role
Here at Babcock Education, we're looking to recruit a GRT Advisor to work as a member of the team to promote the successful inclusion of children and young people from Traveller heritages in mainstream settings and schools across Devon.
Key Tasks and Activities:
- Work with staff in mainstream schools to provide inclusive teaching and learning opportunities, raise attainment and achieve compliance with all equality legislation
- Engage in outreach work, promoting the value of education, addressing individual difficulties in accessing education
- Teach and support pupils with Distance Learning work on visiting Fairgrounds and Circuses
- Liaise with others both in and out of county with the aim of ensuring seamless provision for mobile pupils
What do I need to do the role?
You will need to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding of the factors impacting on Ethnic Minority pupils' education and the current guidance on raising their attainment.
You will have the ability to plan and prepare education resources suitable to promote Education within traveller communities.
We would also like you to have a successful track record of improved outcomes for children and young people who are vulnerable or from disadvantaged backgrounds.
What else do I need to know
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role. Candidates will be put through QTS and Sanction and Prohibited checks. You will be required to hold a full driving licence and provide a vehicle for business use.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock InternationalFor more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
On submission of your CV, you will be requested to complete an Application form in line with our commitment to Safer Recruitment.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Closing date: 23rd July