Class 1 HIAB Driver
Up to £37,524 per annum
Wincanton are looking for committed and reliable Class 1 HIAB drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our team based in Leicester carrying out deliveries for our Ibstock contract.
* £28,600 per annum (£110 per day) - basic annual salary
* Monday to Friday (optional weekend work available)
* Average 2 drops and collections per day
* Average 48 hours per week
* Start times between 0400 and 0600
* Minimum 2 nights out per week
* Opportunities for drivers to do up to 4 nights out per week
* £50 - £200 per week - vehicle, earnings and driver performance bonus
* £27 per night out
* £120 per day - Saturday working
* £154.73 per day - Sunday working
* £3 per day - meal allowance
* Newly qualified and inexperienced drivers will be considered
* ALLMI accredited training provided
Potential earnings of up to £37,524 per annum - based on the average bonus, 2 nights out per week and meal allowance
You will be required to operate a range of vehicle types and specifications across our fleet including Artic and Drawbar Combinations fitted with HIAB Remote control cranes or Manitou All Terrain Forklifts. Delivering brick, block and tiles to construction sites. Experience on crane/fork lift not essential as full training will be given.
* 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Uniform and PPE
* Access to pension scheme
* Share incentive plan
* Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
* Childcare vouchers
* Medical cash plans
* £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
* The accurate, timely movement and delivery of our customers' products
* You will be responsible for delivering Construction Materials from point of manufacture to the end user - this could be a variety of products including bricks, blocks and roof tiles
* Health and Safety is paramount, adhering to safe working practices and load security policies to always ensure the safety of yourself and others
* Full compliance with all relevant legislation
* You will be required to operate a range of vehicle types and specifications across our fleet including Artic and Drawbar Combinations fitted with Hiab Remote control cranes or Manitou All Terrain Forklifts
* Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience & Qualifications:
* Must hold a valid Class 1 Driving Licence
* Must hold a valid Driver CPC Licence
* Must hold a valid Digital Tachograph Card
* Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
* Experience of operating either HIAB Crane off-loads, or Demountable Forklifts advantageous however not essential as full training will be given
* Good timekeeper, ability to work unsupervised
* Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering excellent service
* Excellent geographical knowledge
* Good communication skills, flexible, professional, can do attitude
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.