Class 1 Driver
£32,264.64 per annum
Wincanton are looking for Class 1 Drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our team in Tunbridge Wells carrying out a mixture of deliveries for our Home Delivery network which includes M&S.
* £32,264.64 per annum
* 48 hours per week
* Average 1 to 2 drops per shift
Working 4/5 days out of 6 (Monday to Saturday) starting between 0500 to 0700, 1000 to 1300 or 1700 to 2000.
Duties include delivering to/collecting from distribution centres in the UK. There will also be occasions where the role will require you to perform shunting duties at the Tunbridge Wells site.
* 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
* Uniform and PPE
* Access to pension scheme
* Share incentive plan
* Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
* Childcare vouchers
* Medical cash plans
* £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
* Delivering empty/filled trailers to distribution centres as well as collecting
* Ensuring loads have been secured
* Drive in a safe, responsible and courteous manner at all times, and in accordance with company policy & procedures, legislation and traffic regulations.
* Carry out truck checks and ensure that defects are reported immediately and complete all paperwork in line with procedure
* Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience and Qualifications
* Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
* Must hold a valid Digital Tachograph Card
* Must hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
* Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience
* Previous experience in trunking would be an advantage
* Have a positive, flexible attitude to work
* Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
* Offer subject to satisfactory completion of driver assessment
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.