Class 2 Shunter
£31,200 per annum
Wincanton are looking for a Class 2 Shunter Driver who has a passion for customer service to join our team in Harlow carrying out shunting duties and 1 to 2 deliveries to stores per day for our Ikea contract, following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19.
* £31,200 per annum
* £15.00 hourly salary
* 4 days on 4 days off, including weekends
* Average of 1 to 2 drops per shift
* Working 2080 hours per year
* Start times between 11:00 to 23:00
* 28 days holiday
* Uniform and PPE
* Access to pension scheme
* Share incentive plan
* Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
* Childcare vouchers
* Medical cash plans
* Moving vehicles on and off bays for loading and unloading
* Supporting the loading teams with the loading and unloading of the vehicles
* Carry out a physically demanding role, whilst providing a positive customer experience, which includes heavy, manual handling
* Delivering products to one to two IKEA stores a day
* Weekend working
* Drive in a safe, responsible and courteous manner at all times, and in accordance with company policy & procedures, legislation and traffic regulations.
* Carry out truck checks and ensure that defects are reported immediately and complete all paperwork in line with procedure.
Experience and Qualifications
* You MUST hold a valid in date Class 2 Category C
* Must have a valid Driver CPC and Tacho card
* No more than 6 points on your licence
* Experience in a customer facing role would be an advantage
* Have a positive, flexible attitude to work.
* DBS check will be undertaken
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defense, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.