7.5t/Class 2 Home Delivery Drivers
Up to £29,500 per annum
Wincanton are looking for Class 2 / 7.5T drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our team in Portbury carrying out home deliveries for our Home Delivery Network which includes M&S.
* £28,500 per annum - basic salary
* 48 hours per week
* Opportunities for 5th shift working with overtime paid at time and half
* Newly qualified & inexperienced drivers will be considered
Working 4 days out of 6 on a 3 week rota starting between 0500 and 0630
* Week 1) Monday to Tuesday
* Week 2) Wednesday to Saturday
* Week 3) Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday
You will be delivering furniture for our Home Delivery partners as part of a two-person crew throughout your region (city and town driving is advantageous). Customer service is at the heart of what we do and we are looking for Drivers who enjoy working with others and like a varied role as no two shifts are ever the same!
For most deliveries you will need to construct the delivered products within the customer's home. You will be given extensive training in order to complete this to a high standard.
Benefits of the role
* Potential bonus of £1,000 per annum based on driver performance in a 6 month period (£500 per period)
* 5 weeks annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
* High street and restaurant discounts
* Discounted health care scheme
* £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
* Company pension scheme
* Tax-Free Childcare (Government Scheme)
* RAC Discount
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Essential DCPC Training
* Full Uniform
* Exceed customer expectations in the delivery and installation/fitting of their furniture
* Construct furniture items in customer`s homes as per our customer contract guidelines, removing waste packaging and returning it to the site for appropriate waste disposal
* Ensure first class customer service is experienced at all times
* Complete all internal stock transfers in order to maximise vehicle utilisation
* Ensure all documentation is completed and returned accurately at the end of each journey
* Adhere to specified time restrictions given under current legislation
* Ensure correct completion of tachographs in line with legislative and company policy/procedural requirements
* Ensure all vehicles checks are performed at the start and at the end of each journey, reporting all defects as per the current procedure
* Drive the vehicle in a safe manner, adhering to road traffic regulations
* Ensure the vehicle is appropriately secured at all times
* Report any issues or discrepancies to the Transport Office/ Supervisor as soon as they are identified
This role is hands on, it involves heavy lifting / handling and is full of variety. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
Experience & Qualifications
* Must hold a valid Class 2 licence or 7.5t grandfather rights licence
* Must hold a valid Digital Tachograph card
* Must hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
* To have no more than 6 points on your licence
* Outstanding communication skills targeted at handling customers face to face and over the phone
* Exceptional time management, working to tight deadlines
* Capable of working well under pressure
* Ability to multitask and problem solve
* Great attention to detail
* Team player
* Previous work experience in assembly or fitting operations (desirable)
* Offer subject to satisfactory completion of driver assessment
* Offer subject to satisfactory DBS check
We really value our people and offer a safe friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you!
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business`s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That`s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.