Class 1 Driver
Up to £27,413.40 per annum
Wincanton are looking to recruit Class 1 Drivers to support our team on our Jollyes contract based out of Wigan.
40 hours per week contract working 4 days out of 7 starting between 0400 and 0600.
* £12.00 - basic hourly rate
* £13.50 - for hours worked over 40 and any hours worked between 1800 and 0600
* £18.00 - for hours worked on a 5th shift
* £26.10 - night out allowance
* Opportunities for overtime and 5th shift working available
Basic salary - £24,960 per annum - based on 40 hours per week and no uplifts
Potential salary - £27,413.40 per annum - based on 40 hours per week and 2 nights out per week
Your duties will include delivering to retail stores across the UK with an average of 2 to 7 drops over a 2 day period using single and double decker trailers. You will also be required to unload palletised goods using a pump truck and tail lift.
Due to the nature of this role, an average of 2 nights out per week will be required.
* You will be required to accurately and efficiently complete delivery of stock within timescales set.
* You will ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in line with legislation.
* You will attend any relevant training as required to ensure you remain fully equipped to perform your role effectively and to assist in the development of continuous improvement.
* You will be responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and other operatives by adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act.
* You will report any accident or damage to any equipment or machinery.
* You will be multi dropping deliveries to stores.
* You will be using tail lifts and handling roll cages
Experience and Qualifications
* You MUST hold a valid Class 1 licence
* You MUST hold a valid CPC licence
* You MUST hold a valid digital tachograph card
* You MUST have 6 or less points on your licence
* Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience required
* Double decker and retail delivery experience desirable
* We require all candidates to be smartly presented
* We require all candidates to demonstrate a flexible approach
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.