Class 1 HIAB Relief Driver
Up to £40,309.11 per annum
Marley, Burton on Trent
Wincanton are looking for Class 1 Relief Drivers to work on our Marley contract as well as other prestigious clients within our construction network based out of Burton on Trent.
* Basic Salary - £33,490.71 pa
* Annual Bonus - £1,958.40 pa - Attendance and no accidents bonus
* Average 48 hours per week
* Monday to Friday starting between 0500 - 0600
* Night out - £27 per night out
* Minimum 2 nights out per week
* Opportunities for drivers to do up to 4 nights out per week
* ALLMI accredited training provided
Potential earnings - £35,449.11 pa - based on obtaining the full annual bonus
Potential earnings - £40,309.11 pa - based on obtaining the full annual bonus and 4 nights out per week
Predominantly, you will be driving drawbars with a crane, you will be delivering palletised building materials to sites and yards so ideally you will have MOL / construction experience and be ALLMI accredited however full training will be provided for the right candidate.
Completing an average of 2 to 4 drops per day as well as collections using crane and vehicle mounted forklift.
Due to the nature of the role there will be a requirement to travel to other sites in the Midlands and night out during the week.
* Paid holiday
* Uniform and PPE
* Access to pension scheme
* Share incentive plan
* Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
* Childcare vouchers
* Medical cash plans
* £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
What we expect from our drivers:
* Responsible for the accurate, timely movement and delivery of our customers' products
* Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times
* Full compliance with all relevant legislation
* You will be required to operate a range of vehicles types and specifications across our fleet
Experience and Qualifications
* Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
* Must hold a CPC licence
* Must hold a digital tachograph card
* Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
* Must have minimum 2 years Class 1 driving experience
* Experience in HIAB Crane off-load desirable
* Good timekeeper and the ability to work unsupervised daily
* Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering excellent service
* Excellent geographical knowledge
* Good communication skills, flexible, professional, can do attitude
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.