Class 2 Driver
£14 per hour
Wincanton are looking for experienced and passionate Class 2 Drivers to join our successful team in Hemel Hempstead carrying out deliveries for our Cormar contract.
• £14 per hour
• £36,400 per annum
• 50 hours per week
• Monday to Friday starting at 0530
• Overtime paid at time & a half after 50 hours and 6th shift.
Main duties to include delivering to high street stores and trading estates.
• Lunar pay (13 paydays per year)
• Essential DCPC training
• 20 days (1 day increase per year capped at 5 days) + bank holidays paid holiday entitlement
• Access to company pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• RAC discount
• High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
• Drive Company vehicles and operate Company equipment in a safe and professional manner in accordance with Company policies, procedures and legislation
• Provide a professional driving service, to meet and exceed expectations of our customers ensuring customer service level agreements are maintained
• Moving heavy items via manual handling and also use of material handling equipment
• Comply with the vehicle security and standing procedure at all times
• Carry out vehicle and auxiliary equipment checks prior to the operation of any vehicle, reporting any defects immediately
• Report any delivery issues or exceptions in a timely manner
• On return to site, you will report to the traffic office for full debrief
• This role ability to self-manage and use initiative for solving problems
• Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and others, adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act, including accident, incident and damage reporting
• Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience and Qualifications
• Full Class 2 Driving Licence
• No more than 6 points on licence
• DCPC Qualification card required and proof of current hours of training
• Must hold a Digi Card
• Minimum 6 months experience
• Experience of driving commercial vehicles
• Knowledge of driving legislation
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Multidrop experience is desirable
• Class 1 Licence is desirable
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.