Manpower is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Senior Buyer to join their team. Our client is a world class technology company providing cutting edge solutions.
The jobholder will be expected to strengthen the current skill base within Procurement to maximise on profit and cash flow by providing a lead role in the purchase of strategic commodities and facilities. Also, to provide advice and guidance to more junior members of staff in the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Procurement of assigned key and strategic commodities of materials to meet the Manufacturing Programme at best value and to the given quality levels.
- Maintain a balanced level of inventory against the Manufacturing Programme.
- Meeting the make-to-order requirements of the Operations Business whilst minimising inventory exposure use of supplier owned consignment stock.
- Identify and recommend global sourcing opportunities.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in value streaming improvement programmes as required.
- Contribute to new product introduction projects as required.
- Providing support and advice to other members of Procurement team relating to best practice of the Procurement activity.
- Negotiate various site facility contracts on an annual basis and to budget.
- Meet all KPI's set for the department by the manager in terms of on time delivery, MPV and PPV.
- To be fully aware at all times of the commodity costs and values of base materials and currencies.
- Benchmark all suppliers at least once per annum to ensure best cost.
- Be fully aware of the difference between price and cost.
- Build relationships with our approved supply chain.
- Identify, qualify and recommend alternative suppliers for commodities for which you have responsibility.
- Work closely with the quality and supplier development team to ensure 100% quality of procured goods and services.
- Any other tasks associated with this role as required by the needs of the procurement and logistics manager.
- Experience within a purchasing role at Senior Buyer level
- CIPS membership.
- Demonstrate experience of MRP, kanban, contract law, negotiation and working within a change culture organisation
- Possesses the desire to recommend and implement change within the supply chain
- Willingness to travel on company business both in the UK and abroad at short notice.
In Return our client offers
- Competitive Salary - Please contact me for more information
- Group Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance 2 x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Program
- Healthshield (Healthcare)
- Flight Centre VIP
- And more
Please respond with an up to date CV to be considered for the role.