Manpower is currently recruiting for a permanent Scout/Cleaner to work in Marston, Oxford. The successful candidate will be required to work 5 days a week which include Saturday's and Sunday's every weekend working from 9.00am to 5.30pm daily. This role pays £8.91ph for all hours worked including weekends.
This role is a cleaning role utilising cleaning material, technical cleaning equipment and the correct cleaning skills. Keep allocated areas (inside, outside, and off-site) of the Centre, including residential rooms and Centre properties, clean to a high standard, following the instructions of the Housekeeper/Bursary Assistant.
- Carry out routine cleaning of areas allocated in accordance with the cleaning specifications. This includes public areas including Mosque, teaching rooms, kitchenettes, bedrooms, bathrooms and toilets, and circulation space. Note - Some cleaning tasks will take place off-site in Centre owned property around the City.
- Replenish cleaning material and bathroom consumables as required.
- Remove and replace laundry and make beds. Carry out the laundering of linen as required using the washing and drying machines, ironing board and ironing machine.
- Empty internal and external waste bins daily to separate waste into the separate waste streams, ensuring that all rubbish is put in the appropriate bins in the refuse area. Ensure the bin area is secure, clean, and tidy. Inform the Bursary Assistant when a waste stream requires specialist emptying.
- Ensure outside areas are kept clean and tidy, including litter picking, sweeping, spot weeding, jet washing and scrubbing. Use specialist cleaning equipment provided in accordance with the training received - that will include but not limited to reach & wash brushes; jet washers; pressure cleaners; gum removers.
- Clean carpets, soft furnishing and hard surfaces using vacuum, mops, carpet cleaners and scrubbing machines.
- Clean and sanitise areas of contamination including bodily fluids and animal carcasses (occasional pigeons) using appropriate PPE and specialist chemicals.
- Clean windows inside and outside where safe to do so using appropriate cleaning equipment.
- Construct and take down furniture and move items around the Centre using basic tools and handling equipment.
- Assist the Maintenance Team with simple maintenance tasks including legionella flushing, drain cleaning, etc.
- Immediately report any defects to the Housekeeper or to Maintenance.
- Attend COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) training annually, ensuring all regulations are followed, including the appropriate use of cleaning products and colour coded cloths.
- Attend Fire Awareness training annually, and ensure all regulations are followed. This includes being aware of the fire preventative measures in the Centre and responding appropriately to any alarms.
- Carry out simple dynamic risk assessments of own tasks using formal Risk Assessments and Method Statements to assist.
- Maintain good working relationships will other staff and all users of the Centre.
- Any other reasonable task as requested by the Housekeeper or other senior member of staff.
Please only apply for this role if you are available to work every SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.