Our client, one of the UK's leading energy providers is looking to recruit a Document Control Administrator to their emergency planning team. This exciting role is based in Barnwood, Gloucester, with the requirement to work from site as well as home., therefore the successful candidate must be able to get to site when required.
Provide administrative and technical support to the emergency planning function within Health, Safety & Environment Department within the Safety, Security & Assurance Division, Barnwood.
- Support the team with document control and management activities, reviewing and updating documents as required using the company procedures and systems (e.g. AMS). Doc control experience is essential for the successful candidate.
- Support the Emergency Planning Officers to co-ordinate meetings with internal and external stakeholders in line with regulatory requirements
- To include: venue and attendance co-ordination, agendas and minutes, action tracking.
- Progress the implementation of improvement actions arising from previous exercises.
- To include: development of learning briefs, action tracking, liaison across the Emergency Planning Peer Group and external organisations
- Interact with other departments, i.e. IT, supply chain, management systems department and facilities to ensure the emergency planning function runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Supporting the Emergency Planning Officers in the management the emergency exercise demonstration programme
- to include: co-ordination participant attendance, collation and dissemination of briefing materials
- Arrange monthly Peer Group Meetings, circulate materials, take notes and track actions
- General support, monitor the team finance budget and training compliance via training record review
- Action tracking - raise assignments, monitor progress and ensure actions are completed in line with company expectations.
- Manage diaries and e-mails ensuring that tasks and meetings are prioritised, highlighting meeting clashes in advance and re-scheduling to suit.
- Book travel and accommodation, and reconcile using the relevant on-line portals
- Act as the team Safety Co-ordinator and Fire Marshall
- Support other team members within the department as and when required
- Have a 'can do' attitude and willingness to help team members
- Have a good questioning attitude and ability to self-identify gaps in their knowledge, business processes, or data they are working with.
- Apply their attention to detail - taking care over the quality of their work, self-checking to minimise errors.
- Are confident to engage with all internal and external organisations / prepared to progress actions where appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- Ideal: Experience within a highly regulated industry and awareness of nuclear industry would be advantageous
- Essential: Organisational skills, good time management skills and ability to work independently when required
- Essential: Document Control/ Management
- Essential: Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Essential: Good organisational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Essential: Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Essential: Good ability in use of MS Office software
- Essential: Flexible and adaptable
- Essential: Able to develop strong working relationships across a variety of diverse team.
The Role Holder may be required to travel on a regular basis including overnight stays. The majority of this travel will be in conjunction with the Emergency Planning Officers, but independent travel may be required.
Please note; if successful you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary ongoing basis with scope for extension. Our client are operation a Hybrid working model, therefore the need to be onsite a number of days a week is essential but there is scope to WFH. You will be expected to undertake a drugs and alcohol test as well as be security checked to BPSS and CTC Level.
Key Benefits working with Manpower:
- 36 days holiday accrual (pro-rata) including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Access to client facilities onsite
- Access to Manpower's online training platform 'powerYOU', giving you access to hundreds of online training courses
- Opportunity to be selected for additional upskilling and career support through Manpower's MyPath programme
- Dedicated Manpower Account Specialist to provide support during your assignment
This role is managed by our Manpower on-site team and not related to the Bristol office - PLEASE DO NOT CALL BRISTOL OFFICE REGARDING THIS ROLE - if you have not heard from Manpower within 10 business days of submitting your application then unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted at this time.