Multi-Skilled Technician with OFTEC
Manpower are recruiting a Multi-Skilled Technician for our growing national client who are based in Risby. The client are looking for someone who is flexible and happy to work beyond their contracted hours. Their overtime packages are generous, either 1.5x or 2x standard rate. You will need to work one weekend per month. Working hours are 7am-5pm Monday to Friday.
The Multi-Skilled Technician Role:
We are now seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual to undertake the role of Multi-Skilled Technician with OFTEC.
You will undertake duties associated with that of a Multi-Skilled Technician: temporary oil storage tank installs, servicing, inspections and de-commissioning; groundworks, internal and external remediation; site investigation and installation of vapour extraction systems; report issuing; tank cleaning; spill response and industrial service duties.
You are required to operate any Company vehicles / equipment for which they are suitably qualified to undertake, and adhere to all HSE requirements.
The key tasks and accountabilites associated with the role are as follows:
- Operating Company vehicles
- Ensuring all vehicle checks is undertaken prior to commencing any works including ensuring all required equipment is located and stored on the allocated vehicle for the pursuance of works.
- Completing works to client's satisfaction.
- Carrying out installation of Oil tanks on a planned and responsive basis completing the correct paperwork and doing the necessary checks to fully comply with OFTEC regulations.
- Assist in the delivery of Civils, ground works, construction, and remediation projects.
- Assist in the delivery of Tank and Interceptor installations, de-commissioning and servicing.
- Ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment including ensuring all equipment is fit for purpose and used in the correct manner.
- Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. The post holder is required to use knowledge and experience to contribute to the pursuance of works and meet customer demand and satisfy works.
- Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job and identifying repair work required. This includes ensuring the depot, yard area and office facility is clean and tidy.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements or possible opportunities.
Multi-Skilled Technician Requirements:
- Must possess minimum 600A accreditation
- Previous experience with oil fired boilers and AGA's under current OFTEC Regulations
- Excellent knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation
- Previous experience of operating in a similar role / environment would be highly advantageous
- A flexible approach to working hours, travel and working days is required due to the response nature of the role
- Willingness to work in an environment of change, dealing with emergency works is essential.
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Excavator certification is desirable
- A full UK driving licence essential
- Professional, approachable, 'can-do' attitude
Multi-Skilled Technician Benefits:
- 21 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- A competitive salary for £26,000-£28,000 (dependant on experience)
- Realistic OTE £40,000+
- Free onsite parking
- Pension scheme
- Regular opportunities for training and development
- Regular opportunities for overtime at enhanced rates to supplement salary
If this role appeals to you, let us know and apply!