Manpower UK are recruiting on behalf of our Environmental Services Client for a Forecourt Technician/Driver for their Manchester site.
As the Forecourt Technician you will have the opportunity to work within numerous departments within the division which will include testing, specialist tank maintenance, drainage, and other operational departments, thus there will be multiple opportunities for training and experience.
The Forecourt Services Technician will be expected to identify root cause of a problem and provide customers with long term solution. The duties of this post include a high degree of manual work. There will be the need for the post holder to operate any Company vehicle for which they are suitably qualified to undertake and as the duties of this post constitute those of a professional driver, all operation of Company vehicles must be undertaken in a safe manner and fully compliant with all relative law and legislation.
Employed on a full-time basis with hours of work being between 6am and 5pm daily, there will need to be a degree of flexibility with regards to working hours. This will include the requirement to work and stay away overnight and participation in a call out rota.
The duties and responsibilities associated with the post are as follows:
- Operating independently, or as part of team to perform and deliver service to all customers of the Company. This will include for example, tank and line testing, drainage, VR testing and tank dewatering.
- Satisfy the duties of a site supervisor/lead operative when the occasion is presented. This will include attending site briefings as a company representative and on occasion, act as team leader.
- Carry out near miss & potential incident reporting. In-house training will be provided.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Maintaining a clean vehicle and ensure all equipment, tools, PPE and other work items are in good order and repair and available for use at all times. The postholder is expected to inform supervision as soon as any damage is identified.
- Completion of all works in a timely manner; this includes all paperwork and submission to divisional supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
Candidates should have the following skills:
- A clean UK driving licence, categories to operate Company vehicles up to 3.5 tonne.
- Previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation. (advantageous)
- Willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to ensure all documentation and paperwork is submitted in a timely and competent manner.
Free onsite parking
Refer a friend scheme
Regular opportunities for training and development
21 days holiday + bank holidays
Competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
Should this opportunity be of interest, please forward your CV in the first instance.