Class 1 Driver
£28,290.60 per annum
We are looking for Class 1 Drivers to join our exciting new project for the UK’s leading supply chain provider based out of Redhouse, Doncaster.
• £12.61 per hour
• Shift pattern: 4 on 4 off - Days
• Start times available between 03.00 – 10.00
• 6th shift payment £30 plus hourly rate
• £24.70 per night out
• Contracted to 43 hours per week
• Newly qualified Class 1 drivers will be considered
You will be working across multiple contracts, driving curtainside vehicles delivering and collecting from the same site and preparing your trailers in accordance with customer requirements on time critical deliveries and collections.
You will be expected to have a flexible approach to start times and night out where required (approximately 1 to 2 nights per week).
• To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc.
• To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork
• To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift
• To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures
• To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures
• To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner
• To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock
• To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function
• To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices
• Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
• Essential DCPC training
• Paid holiday entitlement
• Company pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• RAC discount
• High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
• £500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250
Experience and Qualifications:
• You MUST hold a valid Class 1 licence
• You MUST hold a valid DCPC licence & Digi Card
• You MUST not have no more than 6 points on your licence
• Must be happy to carry out a 2-hour assessment and gain a DBS check
• Must have a flexible approach to start times
• You will need to be enthusiastic, reliable, helpful and organised.
• Flexibility and the will to learn new skills and to undertake new challenges.
• Awareness for vehicle cleanliness.
• Overtime will be expected.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support our client in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business’s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.