Based in Lichfield
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm
My client is an established fitting company within the construction industry, who work with the likes of Starbucks, B&Q, TK Maxx, Cinemas etc. After recent demand and expansion, they are recruiting another Buyer to join their Procurement team.
- The buyer will be allocated a new project and be responsible for all purchasing of materials required throughout the project.
- Negotiating and placing orders with suppliers (all UK based)
- Project cost monitoring, ensuring purchasing budgets are met
- Liaison with Contract Managers and Warehouse staff to ensure stock is maintained as necessary
- Maintain document control and complete all necessary documents/spreadsheets/software to ensure all information is up to date and tracked throughout the project
- Ensure waste carrier and broker licenses are up to date and appropriate information returned from site.
- Professional and pleasant personality
- Minimum 3 years' experience within Purchasing
- Experience within Purchasing for a Construction company
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and manage the pressure of conflicting demands and prioritise tasks
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Reliable and honest.