Manpower UK are recruiting on behalf of our Environmental Services Client for a Supervisor/Lead Operator for their Manchester site. Our client provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers.
The Supervisor Role:
The postholder will hold responsibility for leading employees whilst on site and in the depot to ensure all tasks are complete in a safe and compliant manner and to promote the success of the Depot and Company. The postholder is required to operate any Company vehicle for which they are suitably qualified to undertake. In addition, they will undertake duties associated with that of Spill Response Operations, including high pressure water jetting, clean-up of spills using available resource and equipment. Further to this the postholder will undertake the leadership of the job scope in line with those of a multi skilled technician, ground works, remedial works and installs.
The postholder will be expected to be forthcoming in leading projects successfully, taking full ownership of project work as required, assist in the managing and planning of response and planned work and the allocation of the workforce to be most effective and support the running of the Depot.
This is a full time role, and whilst normal hours of work are 8am to 4pm with a half an hour for lunch, a degree of flexibility is required to support the business operations. In addition, there is a need to be available to satisfy overtime requirements plus participation in a Standby/call out rota.
Key tasks and accountabilities associated with this post are as follows:
- To manage and lead employees on site and in the depot to ensure all tasks, including related documentation is completed correctly, compliantly and in a timely manner.
- To manage health and safety as per method statements and risk assessments; any breach of RAMS procedure and documentation will be the postholder's responsibility and they will be required to report any breach immediately to the H&S and Group HR Managers, providing a full and concise report.
- Job progress reporting to line managers.
- Ensuring all vehicle and equipment checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works and reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Ensuring all ADR vehicles display appropriate placards during transportation and any time stationary.
- Ensure all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
- Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation.
- Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job. The postholder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- To ensure all paper work and documentation is ready for the following working day for all field staff.
- To allocate jobs and select appropriately trained staff to complete works to a safe and required standard.
- Review Method statements and Risk assessments as required.
- To ensure all company vehicles are clean, tidy and fully road legal.
- Understanding and knowledge of health and safety at work; promote compliant and best practice in line with relative legislation. Possessing IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications would be advantageous.
- The ability to demonstrate and promote thorough understanding of the importance of RAMS documentation
- Effective communication written and verbally with internal and external clients at all levels
- Fully computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, being able to prepare and present reports using such applications.
- A willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers and a good understanding of the Company's tanker fleet
- Previous experience of Supervising/Managing various projects and on-site teams would be advantageous.
- Good understanding and industry knowledge of environmental services with experience including Confined Space working, Water jetting, ADR, Hazmat and Marine Response etc., ground works, remediation, and tankering operations.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and keen commercial awareness to be able to develop new business with clients at any opportunity would be advantageous.
- A full, clean UK driving licence is essential for this role due to the travel involved. HGV 1 & 2 with appropriate CPC and ADR would be ideal but not essential.
Due to the nature of the role and the response duties, a flexible approach to working hours, travel and working days is required.
Should you be looking for a new challenge and you feel you have the relevant experience to fulfil this opportunity, please forward your CV in the first instance.