Category B (3.5 Tonne van)
£11 per hour
Wincanton are looking for Category B (3.5 Tonne van) drivers who has a passion for customer service to join our team in Greenford carrying out a home deliveries for our Waitrose contract.
* £11 per hour (increases to £11.25 after 6 months service)
* £22,800 per annum
* 40 hours per week
* Overtime paid at basic hourly rate after 40 hours
Working 5 over 7 days on a rolling rota with days and afternoon starts available:
* Days starting between 0500 and 0730
* Afternoons starting between 1300 and 1500
* 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
* Access to discounted Waitrose shop on site
* Uniform and PPE
* Access to pension scheme
* Share incentive plan
* Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
* Training and development to support you in your role
* Childcare vouchers
* Medical cash plans
* £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
* Be spending your day greeting our customers and delivering their shopping on-time providing excellent customer service
* Operate your vehicle in a safe, legal and economical manner always
* Carry out daily vehicle checks accurately and follow correct defect procedures
* From loading up, fueling and checking the van for the next route, or giving a customer a call so they know what time their shopping will arrive, everything we do is with our customers in mind
* To deal with any queries or complaints in a courteous and efficient manner
* Work towards deliveries in line with key performance indicators (KPI's)
* Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience and Qualifications
* Must be at least 18 years of age and hold a valid UK manual driving licence
* Must have no more than 6 points on your licence
* Must not have been disqualified from driving within the last 10 years
* Previous experience in customer service is essential
* Previous in experience in retail/hospitality advantageous
* Have a positive, flexible attitude to work
* Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
* Has a good degree of literacy and numeracy
* DBS check will be undertaken
Due to the nature of the work this role is physically demanding, and heavy manual handling is required. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
This new partnership with Waitrose is a key strategic priority for Wincanton and allows us to bring together our substantial capabilities in Food Logistics, Home Delivery, Customer Experience and Online Fulfilment. It`s an industry first as Wincanton will be the only third-party logistics provider in the UK to operate an online Grocery Customer Fulfilment Centre.
Waitrose & Partners prides itself on being different. Our intention is to combine the convenience of a supermarket with the expertise and service of a specialist food shop. Add this to our unswerving dedication to our customers and the highest respect for our suppliers (the provenance and traceability of our food is vital) and, of course, the environment and you can start to see we're a bit more than 'just' a supermarket.