An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a global IT company is currently seeking a Technical Field Engineer based at a well-known banking group's Data Centres in Tankersley, South Yorkshire & Wakefield, West Yorkshire. This is a full-time, fixed term contract until 31st December 2021, with potential 12-month extension. 5 days out of 7, working 8 hour shifts between 9am and 10pm (subject to the implementation of a shift pattern) and rotational weekends. This role is to start ASAP and is paying £22.71 per hour.
The successful candidate is required to carry out technical project delivery in the installation of Servers in the Data Centres.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Self manage, working to bespoke Workflow Management tools.
- Request rack space, network and SAN provisioning
- Rack and stack servers
- Connect network and SAN cables to servers
- Power on (after 8PM)
- ILO configuration
- Check / update Firmware
- Hardware upgrades (memory cpu and disk).
- The successful candidates should have the skills required to diagnose/resolve issues which may arise, endeavouring to hand over working servers to their Operations Team.
The successful candidate should have experience in a Datacentre support environment and supporting system platforms which include:
- Enterprise class Wintel Servers including: H P ProLiant (preferred Gen8 and Gen9)
- Network and SAN infrastructure: Basic knowledge required
The successful candidate will also have the following skills and abilities:
- Understand customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction, clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met.
- Handle customer-relations problems promptly and appropriately.
- The ability to communicate at all levels.
- Portray a professional image and the ability to solve problems under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high awareness of customer requirements.
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction.
- Flexible to changing demands and timescales
- Demonstrate sound administration skills.
- Good MS Office skills, focus in Outlook and Excel.
- Deliver the level of service the customer requires with a "can do" attitude.