An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Product Development Technologist to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, to be based at Colworth Science Park in Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire, MK44 (just a 40-minute drive from Milton Keynes). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months (with the potential that this could be extended), working a 36.25-hour week, paying up to £30,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Please note, you will be required to work from site 3-5 days per week.
We are recruiting a Product Development Technologist within the new UL division - ekaterra.
In this role, you will be developing products for European and global beverages brands such as PG, Lipton, Elephant, Saga, Tazo and many more. You will work for the future breakthrough innovations and new business channels within a cross-functional teams bringing food/beverages science into the products consumers love.
- Support the Technical Project Leader in all aspects of technical project delivery to deliver On Time in Full (OTIF), including: product concepts, competitors' analysis, formulation design and specification, laboratory and Pilot Plant prototypes, cost/quality assessments, claims, regulatory and safety compliance etc
- Lead technical delivery of workstream and/or small projects
- To bring to life innovation in the marketplace through product experience and knowledge-
- based selling toolkits
- Manage and lead supplier relationships in the development of new products/ change of
- materials, value improvement and cost saving activities, working closely with Procurement
- Lead and manage pilot plant trials and prototype/product development
- Organize and manage industrial trials in the relevant Sourcing Units/3PM
- Engage cross-functional teams: regions, including: Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement
- Develop and embed formulation toolbox and best practices
- Provide Project and platform updates to Global stakeholders' reviews, R&D regional teams and Cluster Leadership Team meetings
- University degree (or equivalent) in Food Science/Product Development or similar.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Knowledge and passion for creative food product design and development.
- Consumer safety knowledge.
- Attention to detail especially in experimentation, specification, data recording and analysis.
- Beverages/tea product formulation and design would be beneficial however is not essential.
- Competent in MS Excel and able to handle a large amount of data.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a can-do attitude and willingness to learn.