Class 1 Milk Tanker Driver (Nights)
Wincanton are recruiting Class 1 milk tanker drivers to join our team operating out of Aldermeads to carry out deliveries for our Muller contract.
• 5 nights on, 3 off starting between 1700 and 1800
• Average 43.75 hours per week
Main duties will be collecting from ex farms and delivering dairy to various locations.
• 25 days annual leave
• Uniform and PPE
• Access to pension scheme
• Share incentive plan
• Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
• Childcare vouchers
• Medical cash plans
• £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
• Checking delivery schedules and noting any special instructions
• Carrying out safety checks before you set off
• Travelling to the delivery site
• Updating paperwork and making sure relevant staff sign for deliveries
• Keeping truck clean at all times
• Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience and Qualifications
• Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
• Must hold a valid Driver CPC
• Must hold a digital Tachograph card
• Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
• Minimum 3 years Class 1 driving experience essential
• Tanker experience advantageous
• Farm delivery experience advantageous
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.