We are currently recruiting for a Mobile Maintenance Operative to support the Support Services Division within a well established company.
Working as part of the field team to provide a dedicated service of asset repair and maintenance together with installation and dismantle of site cabins.
Overall responsibility for ensuring that a high proportion of Regional self powered hire equipment is available for hire and is certified safe to use at all times
- Carrying out comprehensive safety/maintenance checks of all self powered hire equipment before dispatch/when returned and completing and including all necessary documentation including test certificates and safety instructions
- Visiting customer sites, when required, to repair faulty self powered hire equipment and/or carrying out safety/operational demonstrations
- Installation and dismantle of hire units and associated equipment
- Quick and accurate diagnosis of fault / breakdown
- Asking relevant questions to determine the precise fault / issue to complete the job first time.
- Liaising with customers / manager / peers / contractors to ensure site work is completed timely and efficiently
- Effective repair of hire units and its equipment which may require multi-trade skills capability - including engine repair
- Completing PDA / paperwork thoroughly and accurately
- Understand and comply with all relevant Company rules, agreements, policies, procedures and with all relevant legislative requirements and codes of practice.
- Act in a professional manner, ensure good working relationships are maintained and promote a good image of the Company at all times.
- Be aware that the Company operates a Quality Assurance system BS EN ISO 9001 and adhere to the respective procedures.
The ideal candidate will posses the following:
- General maintenance/DIY skills
- Simple assembly, joinery, plumbing, paint prep, use of power tools
- Health &Safety awareness
- Valid and acceptable driving license
- CSCS card holder
- Have basic IT skills
- Customer service experience.
- Problem solver and flexible approach
- Team player
- Able to install, decommission and service certain products, including linking, stacking, staircases, connecting Bowser/Tank etc
- Able to undertake 'like for like' electrical works
- Able to sign off straightforward installations
- Acts as main point of customer contact, ensuring good levels of service
- Able to install, decommission and service all products, including linking, stacking, staircases, connecting Bowser/ Tank etc
- Able to supervise more complex installations and decommissions e.g. manage customer/3rd party relationships, lead the team, maintain quality standards etc
- Undertakes more complex customer services e.g. estimating for additional works
- Mentors/trains and signs off less experienced colleagues
- Full driving license as travelling long distances is required.
- May need to stay overnight occasionally
- May be required to participate in an out of hours service rota
- Flexibility in working hours is required as may need to start earlier and finish later than normal on occasions.
- Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers