Up to £31,605 per annum
Wincanton are looking for a Class 1 Driver who has a passion for customer service to join our team in Wigan carrying out night deliveries for our prestigious contracts.
* £28,080 - basic annual salary
* £13.50 - basic hourly rate
* 4 nights out of 5 (Monday to Friday)
* Average 1 drop per shift
* 40 hours contract however on average working 45 hours per week
* Start times between 1800 and 1900
* £15 - hours worked over 40
* £20.25 - 5th shift working (opportunities available)
Duties include trunking from Wigan to Greenford in a rigid or artic double decker vehicle with no loading or unloading required.
Potential earnings of up to £31,605 based on 45 hours per week.
* 23 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
* Uniform and PPE
* Access to pension scheme
* Share incentive plan
* Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
* Childcare vouchers
* Medical cash plans
* £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
* Accurately and efficiently complete delivery of stock within timescales set
* Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in line with legislation
* Attend any relevant training as required to ensure you remain fully equipped to perform your role effectively and to assist in the development of continuous improvement
* Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and other operatives by adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act
* Report any accident or damage to any equipment or machinery
* Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience and Qualifications
* Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
* Must hold a valid Digital Tachograph Card
* Must hold a valid Driver CPC
* Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience
* Previous experience in a customer facing role would be an advantage
* Have a positive, flexible attitude to work.
* Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.