Repairs and Maintenance Operative
Covering: Ashford in Kent
This fantastic opportunity has arisen for a mobile repairs and maintenance operative to work for a well-established social housing service provider. This is a mobile position covering the Ashford area.
Skills required for the job role - Repairs and maintenance operative
- Plumbing: Carry out a range of plumbing repairs and minor installations.
- Carpentry: Carry out a range of carpentry and joinery repairs and installations including installation and/or repair of various windows, doors and frames, UPVC components, framed ledged and braced, ledged and braced and internal plywood doors; fences, soffits, fascia and bargeboards. Joinery work including the fitting of and/or repair to architraves, skirting bath panel and frames, the fitting of kitchen units and worktops, the fitting and repair of double-glazed units, locks, floorboards, and stud walls.
- Plastering: Carry out a range of plastering works including re-skimming, rendering, patching and Artex cover up.
- Painting and Decorating: Carry out a range of painting and redecoration tasks including prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding and steam cleaning; remove wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls and joinery by applying fillers/sealant. Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product.
- Groundwork: Carry out a range of groundwork, fencing and clearance repairs and renewals
- Driving licence and own tools are required.
- Hours - Monday - Friday (8:30am - 5pm)
- On-going contract with a potential to go permanent in the future
- Van provided
Commutable from: Ashford, Kent
Other Job Titles: Maintenance Technician, Multi-trader, Handyman,
Building and construction