Job Title: Senior Planning Engineer
Location: Plymouth or Bristol based, other locations considered
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
About this role:
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit an experienced programme planning specialist to join our team ideally based out of our Devonport or Bristol office, or can consider further afield so long as comfortable with travel when required to carry out front end planning work on our inflight and upcoming projects.
At this level a Senior Planning Engineer (PMO Scheduling Specialist) is responsible for applying schedule management independently primarily in complex situations across P3M. Preparing and maintaining integrated schedules of project and/or programme activities and events, taking into account of dependencies and resource requirement.
Top 5 Major Tasks and Activities:
* Develop/implement and maintain the Project structures (WBS/OBS/RBS/CBS)
* Develop/baseline and maintain the Project integrated schedule. (Level 1-3)
* Ensure alignment between the integrated scheduling toolset and the companies financial and material demand toolset. This includes alignment of any Level 4/5 schedules.
* Regular status update of the integrated schedule and the provision of metrics (eg critical path/total float) and schedule analysis of the impact to the project.
* Resource/cost loaded
Role Qualifications & Requirements:
* Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
* Extensive experience applying schedule management in a complex environment
* Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc…)
* Advanced knowledge of scheduling toolsets e.g. Primavera/MSP etc…
* Quantitative risk analysis experience
* Forensic Planning
* Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out
* Ideally a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in engineering / project / construction management or a related field
* Professional qualification (eg APM/Acoste/RICS) (or equivalent) would be beneficial
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
* Multiple locations considered. ideally, based out of a Cavendish hub (Bristol, Warrington, Newbury, Leicester or Plymouth). travel to Devonport royal Dockyard is required. travel to Faslane Naval base may also be required on occasion.
* Must be eligible to gain and maintain UK SC level clearance, can start on Baseline clearance
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.