Chief Medical Officer
The Chief Medical Officer will be the most senior strategic clinical leader in the organisation and will provide advice to the Chief Executive and Board on all medical issues in relation to urgent and primary care and lead clinical collaboration within the organisation and with partner providers.
The Chief Medical Officer has a key role in developing clinical leadership through the management model which will deliver a robust clinical strategy that supports effective and efficient models of service delivery and high-quality patient care.
The Chief Medical Officer will contribute to the development and delivery of the wider clinical urgent and emergency care systems.
- To lead the development of and monitor strategic plans
- To lead clinical education and develop research opportunities
- To provide medical advice and guidance on quality and safety issues alongside the Chief Nurse
Responsibilities as Line Manager to include:
- Provide support to clinicians within the group
- Recruitment including interviewing
- Induction and coordination of training
- End of probation reviews
- Annual Development Reviews, performance management, clinical appraisal
- Development of employees/ roles
- Medical graduate and Postgraduate medical qualifications
- Educated to Masters Level in a relevant qualification or equivalent level of experience
- On the Specialist or GP register
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Unblemished registration with GMC
- Valid licence to practice
- 5 year's experience of leading at a senior level
- Experience at deputy/associate/assistant director level, or equivalent
- Excellent reputation as a clinician and clinical leader
- Experience in building organisational capabilities, including establishing a clear strategic vision and translation into successful outcomes
- Experience of managing clinical governance
Communication & skills:
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Successful team leadership/motivation of others
- Innovation and vision, including an ability to build organisational capabilities
- A proven ability to plan strategically
- Financial awareness and business acumen
- Enthusiasm/commitment and drive commensurate with working as an Executive Director
The role is pro rata and the pay per annum is £72,000.
This is a permanent role, working 24 hours per week, 3 days a week.
If you feel you have the ability to do this role and make a difference, then please apply with your CV today!