Class 2 Ready-mix Driver
£10.22 per hour
Are you looking for a permanent driving role which is Monday to Friday, with bank holidays and Christmas off, then we have the job for you!
Manpower are recruiting Class 2 LGV Truck Drivers to join our Ready-Mix Concrete Mixer fleet, delivering to various sites throughout your designated regions.
- £10.22 per hour
- Up to £1,600 per annum incentive scheme
- Overtime paid
- Monday - Friday
- Start times between 06:00 - 07:00
Premiums and Overtime:
- £15.35ph - For Sunday and Bank Holiday working
- £25.00 - Per night out
- Up to £1,600 per annum Incentive Scheme
- Guaranteed 48 hour a week permanent contract
- Mineral Products Qualification and SUDs courses (Registered for DCPC)
- Paid in-depth induction & training programme
- Full uniform and PPE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bank Holidays and Christmas off
- Access to company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
The incentive scheme is split in to four measurable and awarding categories each to the value of £100. These total the attainable award of £400 per quarter and to the value of £1,600 within a year in addition to the annual salary.
To be measured and paid quarterly:
- April/May/June - Paid July
- July/August/September - Paid October
- October/November/December - Paid January
- January/February/March - Paid April
- Main duties of this role will be delivering to construction sites, quarries and residential areas predominantly throughout the North, as per customer requirements
- Saturday working may be required on an alternate basis
- To be flexible to night out if required
- Support depots when other drivers are sick or on holiday or due to high work demands
- Take pride in your vehicle and ensure it is cleaned through the working day and after each delivery.
- Complete the daily end of work cleaning procedure on the inside of the mixer drum
- Operate your vehicle efficiently and have a good geographical knowledge of the area
- Be punctual, have good communication skills with our clients and complete relevant paperwork
- Be willing to learn new skills and attend all company training programmes
- Wear driver uniform and PPE to be worn
- Be an ambassador for the company
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid HGV Class 2 licence
- Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
- Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- NEW drivers will be considered
- Recent HGV driving experience within the construction industry i.e building sites or quarries is desirable, but not essential
- Must be able to demonstrate the operation of a rigid vehicle around tight spaces
- Must be able to work Saturday's and be flexible within your working time
- Be dedicated, reliable and customer focused, with the ability to maintain positive internal and external customer relationships
- Be punctual, have good communication skills and work ethic
- Good geographical knowledge is beneficial
- Be willing to learn new skills
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you are interested apply now and one of our team will be in touch.