Class 1 Bulk Powder Tanker Driver (4 on, 4 off)
£14.50 per hour
Wincanton are recruiting for Class 1 Drivers to join our team carrying out deliveries for our Aggregate Industries contract based out of Tipton.
* £14.50 per hour
* £30,680.26 per annum
* 4 on, 4 off starting between 0400 and 0530
* Average 40.69 hours per week contract
* Overtime paid at basic rate
* £25 per night out
* Opportunities to night out available
* Inexperienced / newly qualified Class 1 drivers will be considered
* Monthly pay
* Essential DCPC training
* Full bulk tanker training provided
* 20.5 days paid holiday entitlement
* Access to company pension scheme
* Child care vouchers
* RAC discount
* High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
* £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
Delivering Powdered Bulk to cement plants and concrete manufacturing plants across the UK.
* You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers' products, servicing the Construction sector
* Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail
* Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times
* Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements (opt out available)
* Always keep truck clean
* Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised
* Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service
* Must have good communication skills and a flexible 'can do' attitude to work
* Must have a good geographical knowledge
Experience and Qualifications
* Must hold a valid Class 1 driving licence
* Must hold a valid Driver CPC
* Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
* Must have 6 or less points on your licence
* 12 months Class 1 driving experience advantageous
* Must be fully flexible on working hours
* Possess excellent customer facing awareness
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.