Class 2 Driver
£27,341.71 per annum
Wincanton are looking for Class 2 Drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our team in Doncaster carrying out home deliveries for our B&Q contract.
* £27,341.71 per annum
* Tuesday to Saturday
* Starting between 0630 and 0700
* 48 hours per week
* Overtime paid at time and a half
* Newly qualified and inexperience Class 2 drivers will be considered
Delivering a mixture of B&Q products to customer houses and flats as part of a two-person crew.
* 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
* 20% B&Q discount
* Onsite gym
* Onsite canteen
* Free onsite Wi-Fi
* Uniform and PPE
* Access to pension scheme
* Share incentive plan
* Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
* Childcare vouchers
* Medical cash plans
* £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
* Provide a professional driving service and meet and exceed expectations of our customers
* Ensure the customer promptly receives their deliveries in excellent condition every time.
* Engage and build a rapport with customers, ensuring a consistent positive message, dealing with queries in a polite and effective manner by phone and face to face
* Accurate and efficient completion of the delivery of stock to customer's room of choice in a safe and efficient manner.
* Ensure correct and accurate completion of documentation in line with customer, legislative and company policies and procedures
* Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and others, completion of dynamic risk assessments, adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act, including accident, incident and damage reporting
* Ensuring compliance with Transport driving regulations and working time regulations
* Attending any relevant training as required to ensure you remain fully equipped to perform your role effectively and to assist in the development of continuous improvement
* Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience and Qualifications
* Must hold a valid Class 2 licence
* Must hold a valid Digital Tachograph Card
* Must hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
* Previous experience in a customer facing role would be an advantage
* Previous experience in multidrop would be an advantage
* Have a positive, flexible attitude to work
* Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
* DBS check will be undertaken
Due to the nature of the work this role is physically demanding, and heavy manual handling is required. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.