Import/Export Planning Co-ordinator
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum + benefits
Type: Full time, permanent
Large Freight Forwarder in Dartford are looking for a new Planning Co-ordinator to join their busy Ocean Planning Department.
Chance to work for an industry-leading organisation and be offered an exceptional benefits package including Private Healthcare, Life Cover, Discount Scheme & Pension.
The focus of this role is to maintain the effective running of the company's international shipping and transport services, ensuring that they run on time and in a cost effective manner and to maintain strong working partner relationships with a view to improving business volumes and support.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Demonstrating a professional, helpful and positive manner whilst maintaining a high standard of support and service at all times
- To be a central point of contact offering a high standard of service and support to the Partners, by providing accurate and appropriate information
- To arrange the transport of import/export shipments, and ensure all jobs are correctly shipped, processed and delivered to schedule. Ensure partner accounting is correctly and timely completed
- Liaise with other offices, warehouses, departments and CRT teams to control the loading and receiving of shipments. Arrange international shipping and transport documentation
- Monitor the progress of movements and resolve problems which could contribute to transit delays, and updating Customer Relationship Teams with relevant information
- Planning loads in the most effective and cost effective manner, working with other branches and Local Planning Office and co-loading where appropriate
- To carry out such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose and level of responsibility and offer support to other departments when required
Previous Ocean Import/Export experience desirable and the right candidate will also have knowledge of international Customs procedures.
If interested please apply!