Manpower are pleased to be recruiting for an Operations Support Technician on behalf of our busy client based in Church Stretton. This is a temporary to permanent position starting soon.
Our Client are providers of trusted measurements and workflow solutions that enable the world's analytical, research and diagnostics laboratories to improve the quality of life for us all.
In this important role you will be supporting manufacturing and QC operations: Raw material receipt and stock control. Preparation of test solutions and reagents. Material testing and release. Product packaging, labelling and shipping. Keeping to the production schedule and to the high level of quality expected by customers.
Location: Church Stretton, Shropshire
Working hours: 37.5 per week
Hourly Rate: Up to £10.25 depending on experience
- Working carefully according to EH&S and Quality guidelines
- Goods receipt and QC inspection
- Operating analytical/test equipment
- Testing and release of materials
- Packaging, labelling and stock control of products
- Picking, packing and shipping products
- Accurately recording of all process tasks
- Keeping the production area clean and organised
- Contributing ideas and participating in Continuous Improvement projects
- Ability to accurately follow work instructions and record information
- Ability to carry out tasks with good attention to detail
- Open and effective communication
- Good personal timekeeping
- Good teamwork skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to new working methods
Additional experience (desirable)
- Hands-on work in chemical manufacturing
- SAP manufacturing systems
- Six Sigma or LEAN manufacturing techniques
- Understanding of analytical chemistry
- Understanding of polymerisation chemistry and technology
- Experience working to ISO9001 Quality standards
Whilst relevant experience is desirable, full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Want to show your skills and enthusiasm working in a progressive and dynamic environment? In which case this is your opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.