Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Milton Keynes for a Production Manager to join their team with an immediate affect.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this new established offshoot company with great reputation that specialises in manufacturing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) with a reputation for quality and assurance
Salary: £30,000 -£40,000 per year
Schedule: 8/9hr Shift Pattern (Progressive Shift Patterns as company progresses)
Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic which has exposed the weaknesses in the global health systems, My client is looking to appoint a for this newly established company to have full ownership of its manufacturing facility. The role will report direct to the CEO and have responsibility for direct reports and indirect members of staff
An experienced Production Manager who will take responsibility for all aspects of the business; Production facility, improvement & development, whilst effectively leading & managing the sites staff and all production processes.
You will ensure smooth & efficient operation of all aspects of production & maintenance across the site, as well as production processing and general day to day running of the facility.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Production planning, budget, control & availability of raw materials
- Health & Safety for the site, ensuring PPE is worn by all personal as required
- Management of teams within Production facility, ensuring good communication across board
- Accurately completing all necessary documentation for regulatory compliance
- Training & development
- Stock control
- Compiling reports about production and providing management with update
- development of new quotes and the development of capital planning and equipment selection for manufacturing improvements by providing consultation relative to difficulty of running parts, plant flow, and product/process/labor needs or costs.
- Time sheet calculations for wages
- Planned & Preventive Maintenance management
- Adhere to ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 quality systems
- Utilities and materials supervision
- Continuous Improvement
- Adopt a LEAN manufacturing methodology
- Production / Manufacturing experience in FMCG
- Proven management and leadership skills
- LEAN Manufacturing knowledge (5S, Kaizan etc)
- Engineering and/or Maintenance background
- BSC/HND in Engineering (or equivalent)
- On-site parking
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!